AWARD WINNERS of the International Research Award JTGGA 2006
We would like to thank all the authors who have submitted their worthy research papers to be evaluated for the “International Research Award Journal of the Turkish-German Gynecological Association”. Finally after careful evaluation of the peer-reviewers and the final jury the following studies have been selected as the AWARD WINNERS:
Large scale analysis of circulatory fetal DNA concentrations in pregnancies which subsequently develop preeclampsia using two Y chromosome specific real-time PCR assays. By: Xiao Yan Zhong, Thorsten Volgmann, Sinuhe Hahn, Wolfgang Holzgreve
Non-invasive determination of fetal c and E allele of RHCE gene via real-time PCR testing of extracellular DNA extracted from maternal plasma samples using QIAamp DSP Virus kit. By: Ilona Hromadnikova, Klara Vesela, Jindrich Doucha, Katerina Nekovarova, Daniela Duskova, Radka Schrollova, Pavel Calda
A new, non-compensatory colpopexy technique for stage IV POP: Long-term clinical outcome. By: Adam Ostrzenski
The corresponding authors will be invited to the 7th International Congress of the Turkish-German Gynecological Association, to give a brief presentation on their study during the opening ceremony of the congress (16.5.07).
Cihat Unlu, MD, PhD
Klaus Vetter, MD, PhD
Taylan Oeney, MD, PhD
Kubilay Ertan, MD, Assoc. Prof.
H.A. Tanriverdi, MD, Assoc. Prof.
Managing Editor JTGGA
Tel (Office): +90-224-270 4275
Fax: +90-224-451 6677
Tel (Mobile): +90-532-6614506
Procedure of selecting the AWARD WINNERS:
About 150 papers from 16 countries were evaluated during the International Research Award marathon. Ten manuscripts, which have been pre-reviewed and accepted by at least two international reviewers, were sent to the final jury for evaluation.
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Diedrich (Lübeck, Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Peter Mallmann (Cologne, Germany)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. H. Mete Tanir (Eskisehir, Turkey)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Murat Api (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Eray Çaliskan (Kocaeli, Turkey)
The final jury, which consisted of 5 specialists in their field, evaluated the papers considering the following criteria:
- Ethical guidelines
- Overall quality
- Importance to the journal
- The originality of the manuscript
- Contribution to our current clinical knowledge and practice
- Subject matter`s worthiness of investigation
- Clear statement of the hypothesis
- Suitability of research design
- Suitability of methods described for evaluation and reproduction
- Results and interpretation
- Discussion addressing sources of systematic and random error
- Citation of most important previous sources
Following evaluation, the jurors scored each paper between zero and 10. The scores were added up for the ranking of finalists by the editorial board. The three highest-ranking manuscripts were awarded prizes.
The results of the International Research Award will also be announced through our websites(www.jtgga.org and www.tgga.org), via our mailing lists, and will be published in the next issue of the Journal of the Turkish-German Gynecological Association.
The nominated research papers (Titles & Authors):
- Large scale analysis of circulatory fetal DNA concentrations in pregnancies which subsequently develop preeclampsia using two Y chromosome specific real-time PCR assays. By: Xiao Yan Zhong, Thorsten Volgmann, Sinuhe Hahn, Wolfgang Holzgreve
- Activation of peroxisome proliferator nuclear receptors regulates lipid metabolism in the placenta. By: Alicia Jawerbaum, Evangelina Capobianco, Nora Martínez, Verónica White, María Carolina Pustovrh, Romina Higa, Elida González
- Possible indirect association between maternal recurrent orofacial herpes in pregnancy and higher risk for congenital abnormalities. By: Andrew E. Czeizel, Ferenc Bánhidy, Erzsébet H. Puhó, Nándor Ács
- Non-invasive determination of fetal c and E allele of RHCE gene via real-time PCR testing of extracellular DNA extracted from maternal plasma samples using QIAamp DSP Virus kit. By: Ilona Hromadnikova, Klara Vesela, Jindrich Doucha, Katerina Nekovarova, Daniela Duskova, Radka Schrollova, Pavel Calda
- Prenatal diagnosis, associated findings and outcome of fetuses with abdominal wall defects. By: Chiriac Andrea, Hartge David, Krapp Martin, Chartampas Triantafyllos, Axt Fliedner Roland
- Role of adenosine in regulation of T-helper 1-type and T-helper 2-type immunity in women with nonpreeclamptic twin pregnancies. By: Shunji Suzuki, Tomoaki Murata, Yoshio Yoneyama
- A new, non-compensatory colpopexy technique for stage IV POP: Long-term clinical outcome. By: Adam Ostrzenski
- Predicting neonatal outcome in isolated congenital diaphragmatic hernia using ultrasonographic pulmonary measurements. By: Rodrigo Ruano, Marie Cecile Aubry, Yves Dumez, Marcelo Zugaib, Alexandra Bencahi
- Cell cycle and apoptosis alteration of human cervix adenocarcinoma cells induced by low-dose 12C6+ beam and γ-ray. By: Bing Liu, Hong Zhang, Guangming Zhou, Rong Qiu, Yi Xie, Jifang Hao, Qingming Zhou, Xin Duan
- Screening for ovarian cancer in women with endometriosis by using Fanconi DNA repair pathway. By: Tanja Pejovic, Hong Yan Liu, Farr Nezhat